Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I was never a very big pepper eater until very recently, and since then it seems that I love to add peppers into anything!  Now keep in mind that there are dozens of ways to make stuffed peppers but I definitely enjoyed this one! Here's the recipe:


In a large skillet, cook up approximately 1/2 a pound of ground sausage. Add to the nearly finished cooked sausage 1 tsp of minced garlic, and 1/2 of a chopped onion. Saute the mixture together until the onions have softened. Add in 2 cups of cooked rice and mix together all ingredients. Take four bell peppers (any color you like!) and cut the tops off. Remove all of the insides (seeds and ribs) and stuff each pepper with the mixture. In a small bowl, mix together 2 slices of gluten free bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the mixture over top of the stuffed peppers and move your peppers to a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve hot and 
ENJOY! 


1 comment:

Alli said...

Noah loves his peppers! I'm ok on them but green is definitely my favorite. We did stuffed peppers once but it wasn't my favorite filling so I think it should go on the "try again" list. :)