Saturday, August 27, 2011

Italian Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry

I find that more and more often I find excuses for why I don't want to make dinner, the main culprit being that I'm to busy. When this happens, dinners also tend to get less and less healthy and well balanced. I've finally solved this age old dilemma with this wonderful recipe! It's absolutely delicious, very colorful, and extremely healthy. So take 15 minutes and whip up the quickest dinner ever. Here's the recipe:



Bring two cups of salted water to a boil. Measure out 2 cups of rice (white or wild rice would work fine!) and pour into the boiling water. Stir and cover with a lid and remove the pot from the burner. Let the rice sit for at least 5 minutes to fluff up. In a large oiled skillet, cook up 2 chopped up boneless skinless chicken breasts. Add in 1 cup of chopped baby bella mushrooms, 1 cup of chopped green zucchini, 1 cup of chopped yellow squash, and 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper. Place a lid on the skillet and steam the mixed veggies and chicken for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and add in 3 tablespoons of Philadelphia cream cheese Italian blend cooking cream (this stuff is incredible in so many different dishes) and the cooked rice. Stir everything together, allow the mixture to cook for another minute or two, and then serve hot.
ENJOY!




No comments: