Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grilled Zucchini

Zucchini really is one of my favorite vegetables, it's so light and refreshing and just screams summer time to me! So when I found out how many of my friends and family despise it I wanted to find a way to change that. This recipe is beyond simple, tastes great, and lets you use the grill! What more could you ask for? So go pick that zucchini out of the garden because you'll finally be able to make a recipe that everyone will love!


Take your zucchini and slice it into 1/2 inch slices long ways. Using a stick of softened unsalted butter spread a VERY thin layer over both sides, just enough to give it a little flavor! Salt and pepper the top of the zucchini then sprinkle a layer of FRESHLY grated Parmesan cheese of the top. Using freshly grated cheese makes all the difference, trust me! Place the zucchini onto the hot grill on low with the lid shut. Cook for several minutes or until the zucchini's center has begun to soften and the cheese is all nice a melted. Serve to your picky eaters and
ENJOY!


2 comments:

Sher said...

Hey!! Ryan eats zucchini when I fix it. Maybe he doesn't realize it's in the dish. Lol. I think he likes to "pull your leg" too. Hahaha. Sounds like a nice way to fix it though, so I will try it next time we have it. Does Ryan like it that way?

Alli said...

Um YES. I love zucchini (did a post on zucchini bread today actually!) so I'm always looking for more ways to cook it. The only problem for us is we don't have a grill. Bummer in the summer. Maybe we could use a george foreman grill?