Apologies AGAIN for the lack of posts this week! I've been in and out of town for a few days and haven't had time to do any cooking...maybe that's why stress levels are high?? :) But while I was home, I received a wonderful gluten free cook book called
The Gluten Free Bible by publications international. It's filled with all sorts of cool recipes that I'm so excited to start trying out! Here's the first that I made this morning for breakfast. It's called breakfast Quinoa (pronouned Keen-wah!), which is a type of gluten free grain that they sell in just about any grocery store. It's been a long time since I've been able to eat any type of warm breakfast cereal such as cream of wheat or oatmeal, so this was a welcome treat! Here's the recipe:
Take 1/2 cup of Quinoa and rinse it well in a fine mesh strainer. Put the rinsed Quinoa into a small pot on the stove and add 1 cup of water, 2 tbsp of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Heat the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat and cover the pot with a lid allowing the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the Quinoa is tender. Add 1/4 cup of golden raisins during the last five minutes of cook time. Serve with milk and slice bananas over the top of the dish.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment