I absolutely fell in love with the dish. I'm already a tad bit obsessed with potatoes...any chance I can squeeze some form of potato in as a side dish I'm a happy girl! I think that a big part of that comes from my Grandma, her mashed potatoes were to die for and I seriously could have made just the potatoes my dinner. Scalloped potatoes take two of my favorite foods and combine them, so you know they have to be good! These are also gluten free which a lot of times you don't see in a scalloped potato dish! Here's the recipe:
Heat up your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened), 1/2 cup sour cream, and one cup of chicken broth. Take approximately 3 lbs of red potatoes and thinly slice them up and throw them into the cream cheese mixture. Then take 6 ounces of smoked ham (you can use pre-packaged ham or if you have left over ham you can use that too!) and dice it up tossing it into the large bowl as well. Add 1 3/4 cups cheddar cheese as well as 1 cup of frozen peas to the bowl. Stir together all of the ingredients until everything is evenly coated in the mixture. Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking dish spreading it evenly throughout. Sprinkle 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese over the top of the dish. Bake the dish for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
ENJOY!
1 comment:
YUM-O!! Glad you are enjoying this recipe, I love it too!! Love you!:)
Post a Comment