Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pot Roast (GF)

The gluten free queen is back in business! Apologies for the long sabbatical from blogging, but with the new semester starting up I've hardly had time to do anything for myself. The other night I decided I was going to use my trusty crock-pot so that I'd have a nice hot meal to come home to and I'm so glad that I did! Pot roast is so easy and delicious and I really encourage everyone to try out this recipe!



In a large crock pot, chop up 4-5 medium sized potatoes (any kind will work, just make sure they're washed well!) Place them in the bottom of the crock pot. Next, dump a small bag of baby carrots on top of the potatoes. On top of THAT place your meat, any nicely marbled piece will work just fine! Now, because I make mine gluten free, I can't use the Lipton Onion Soup mix that so many others do (it contains barley!). So instead I roughly chop up one medium sized onion and throw that on top of the meat. I season the meat well with salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp of onion powder. Then I add 1 & 1/2 cups of water, and 2 tbsp of Gravy Master's liquid to the pot. Place the lid on to the crock pot and set it to low. Cook for 8-10 hours and
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Sher said...

YAY!! She's back! I check on you every day. Looks delicious. Is this a pic of your roast? I'm sure yours is just as pretty if it isn't, I was just curious. Pot roast for dinner tonight! EnJOY your day...love you!