
[source]
As (I hope!) most of you know, the final installment of the Harry Potter saga was released today. So of course, a few of my friends and I got tickets to the midnight premiere to see it! The film was phenomenal and beyond anything I could have imagined. It was truly a wonderful conclusion to the story that is so dear to my heart. People who don't understand the obsession that is Harry Potter, have a tendency to not comprehend what goes on in the heads of the millions of fans, especially with the overwhelming craze that this final film has brought with it. Now while I can't speak for others, I can in fact explain my own logic behind the madness. Harry Potter is, and always will be, a huge part of my childhood. I grew up with the books from elementary school on, as the movies were released, I was about the same age as the actors so I felt like I was growing up with them in a sense. Every 11-year-old waited for that letter to Hogwarts whether they willingly will admit to it or not, myself included! So with this final film, it truly is heart wrenching because a huge aspect of my childhood is coming to a close at the same time that my actual childhood has. So thank you Harry, for giving me and every other child (and adult!) out there the ability to dream big and have a friendly 4-eyed-companion to walk us throughout our youth. Wingardium Leviosa!

[Meredith Sizemore Photography]
Of course dressing up for the premiere was a must!
As (I hope!) most of you know, the final installment of the Harry Potter saga was released today. So of course, a few of my friends and I got tickets to the midnight premiere to see it! The film was phenomenal and beyond anything I could have imagined. It was truly a wonderful conclusion to the story that is so dear to my heart. People who don't understand the obsession that is Harry Potter, have a tendency to not comprehend what goes on in the heads of the millions of fans, especially with the overwhelming craze that this final film has brought with it. Now while I can't speak for others, I can in fact explain my own logic behind the madness. Harry Potter is, and always will be, a huge part of my childhood. I grew up with the books from elementary school on, as the movies were released, I was about the same age as the actors so I felt like I was growing up with them in a sense. Every 11-year-old waited for that letter to Hogwarts whether they willingly will admit to it or not, myself included! So with this final film, it truly is heart wrenching because a huge aspect of my childhood is coming to a close at the same time that my actual childhood has. So thank you Harry, for giving me and every other child (and adult!) out there the ability to dream big and have a friendly 4-eyed-companion to walk us throughout our youth. Wingardium Leviosa!

[Meredith Sizemore Photography]
Of course dressing up for the premiere was a must!
In honor of the premiere, my friends and I held a Harry Potter themed evening where each of us had to bring a dish that was reflected within the films. Here are a few dishes from that evening!

[Meredith Sizemore Photography]
Butterbeer

[Meredith Sizemore Photography]
Acid Pops

[Meredith Sizemore Photography]
Puking Pastilles, Fever Fudge, & Fainting Fancies
I decided to recreate cauldron cakes, just like they serve on the Hogwarts express! (GF of course). Here's the recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of finely ground brown rice flour, 2/3 cup of potato starch, 1/3 cup of tapioca flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tbsp of baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp xanthum gum, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk ingredients together well. You may add chopped walnuts here if you wish! In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 cup of oil. Remove 1 tbsp of the combined liquid and discard it. Add 2 large eggs, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Beat mixture together well. Add the liquids to the dry mixture and stir just until blended. Fill paper lined muffin pans until they are 2/3 full. (you may sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar here if you wish!) Bake for 18-25 minutes or until light golden. Remove from pan and let the muffins cool on a rack. While the muffins are cooling, combine 2 8oz packages of softened cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of softened butter, & 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix ingredients together well. Now if you're creating authentic cauldron cakes, the icing needs to be a fun color, so choose your favorite food coloring and add a few drops to the mixture until it is the shade you desire. Ice the fully cooled cauldron cakes and
2 comments:
thats so cute!! i love the ideas :) xxxx
YES! I just did another HP post. I wanted to just do photos but I get all sappy every time I think about it. :)
I had a great time last night, thanks for hosting an awesome party! I think I may be doing one in the future because some friends told me they'd like to do one but they were out of town this time. Maybe a movie marathon/dress up or something. Or... Harry Potter Scene It. I feel so competitive after those 200 wizard names. I think I'll have to try again. :)
Oh, and thanks for coming up to pose for pics with me! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's willing to go take pictures! Hahaha. If I ever go to the Wizarding World (I can't die until I have) then Noah's going to hate me because I'll be posing with EVERYTHING.
Post a Comment